Sunday, September 11, 2011

Cleaning Wood Floors


My floors have never been so clean. I am serious.






When we built our house, we chose deep "espresso" colored wood flooring. We loved the way it turned out, but realized they were difficult to keep clean. Two years later, throw another dog and a toddler into the mix...and forget it. You can imagine my stress level with trying to keep this floor looking even decent.




Yesterday, it ocurred to me that mopping might just not be enough. It seemed like no matter what I did (I have a steam mop, a microfiber mop, you NAME it) my floors just never seemed truly clean. So, I got down on my hands and knees (yes, I did) with a cloth and my new cleaning obsession, CitraSolv. I stepped back to look at it and was amazed...it finally looked clean. That's when I realized mops just don't get into the dirt well enough.




Now, let's get real here. There is no way I plan to get down on my hands and knees and clean my floor all the time. But if I try to "deep clean" at least once a month and regularly clean with a microfiber mop and Pledge Floor Cleaner (love this stuff) then I think I'll finally get them where I want them.






Now, about the CitraSolv. If you haven't heard of or tried CitraSolv, try it! It's an all natural cleaner that comes as a concentrate. I dilute it with water (as the company recommends) and put it in a spray bottle. I use it as an all-purpose cleaner, and now I will be using it when I "deep-clean" my floors. I bought this stuff on a whim and have been so happy with it.





Everytime I use it, my house smells like oranges (that's what it's made from) and it cuts through everything! Plus, with my little guy running around, I hate to use chemicals around him, and this is all natural. I was browsing their website and found a form for a $1.00 coupon for the CitraSolv and figured I share it with you all.


Citrasolv Coupon

Of course, moments after I finished my floors, this happened....






A sweet little footprint. :)




1 comment:

  1. Just wanted to let you know that your Candy land themed birthday party was the most clicked link on my blog @ http://pinkapotamus.blogspot.com/2011/09/pink-hippo-party-46.html
    Hope you stop by and grab a featured button!

    ReplyDelete