Monday, November 21, 2011

Shabby Corbel Shelves

I have been hunting for old corbels for a long time....and I finally found them! I scored a pair of black and gold corbel sconces at a thrift shop....but with the black and gold, they were UGLY.

As if they were not ugly enough, this little tassel was dangling from it. Oh my gosh.


It was so unattractive, but the shape was gorgeous and it was made well. The first thing I did was clean it-there was a ton of dust. I yanked the tassels off and removed those gold pieces of "molding."



After giving it a coat of Annie Sloan Chalk Paint in White, I sanded the edges to distress it a little.




I added these hurricanes and candles. (I chose a frosted "bark" candle for the holidays.)

And I absolutely LOVE them. It just shows you...if you wait patiently, you will find exactly what you are looking for.









No comments:

Post a Comment