Monday, October 24, 2011

Halloween Crafts: A Creepy Grin

All week I will be crafting for our annual Halloween party. This is, perhaps, the easiest way to jazz up your standard candle and bring a little whimsy to your house Halloween night.
I took a vase that had an already tired white pillar candle in it. (below)
I cut a "jack-o-lantern" style evil grin into black construction paper and wrapped it around the glass.
I made several of these to put all around my house. There is something about the simplicity of the cutout in the rough black construction paper that is just delicious. It's a grown-up version of our childhood crafts....and there is no holiday like Halloween to bring out our inner child.

1 comment:

  1. Oh wow, I have all of the "supplies" to make these. Thanks for the great idea!!

    ReplyDelete