Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Scary Meets Preppy Chandelier


When decorating for the holidays, simple things like a chandelier often get overlooked. Perhaps that’s why “dressing it up” makes such a big statement.


I was searching for some inspiration for how to decorate my chandelier for Halloween, when I unpacked these hideous skeletons I found at the Dollar Store last year. And jaaaaaackpot…I knew exactly what to do.




I gave the ugly skeletons a new look with a coat of black spray paint. (See, everyone looks chic in black.)



I tied ribbons in black, white, and shades of orange all over the chandelier. I stuck ribbon onto two glitter covered skulls (also from Dollar Store) and tied them on as well.



The resulting look is eclectic and unique-perfect for hosting a Halloween party!










3 comments:

  1. Cute! I have spiders hanging from mine :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Courtney-
    This is so cute! I wish I had a chandelier to hang my ugly skeletons from. I think I am going to use them on my fence out front.

    Heidi@HomemadeBeautiesByHeidi

    ReplyDelete
  3. Super cute idea! I always forget about my chandeliers while decorating!
    ~Lindsay

    www.easymadeinvitations.com

    ReplyDelete