Sunday, June 5, 2011

The Depot



I am in LOVE. Knowing that I adore antiquing, my good friend Jenny took me to a place I had never gone to before-The Depot at Gibson Mill in Concord, NC. The place is HUGE. I do a lot of traveling for work, and visit many shops along the way, but never have I seen such an impressive selection. For those local to NC-The Depot is very similar to The Sleepy Poet in Charlotte, but the price point is a lot lower and seems to have many more vendors.


One of my favorite finds is this old bookshelf:








For two years I have been hunting for the perfect piece to serve as both display and storage. It had to be a certain width and have a lot of character. Toward the end of our shopping trip (which was a 3 hour ordeal....with both our babies in tow) I spotted the bookshelf, and it was love at first sight. After a little negotiating with the vendor, it was mine. I found the distressed Fleur de Lis that is on top of the shelf at The Depot as well. There were so many exciting things to choose from that it was almost overwhelming.







Now begins the excitement of getting everything onto the shelves!!!




The Depot at Gibson Mill

325 McGill Ave Suite 250

Concord, NC

No comments:

Post a Comment