Thursday, July 14, 2011

Hanging Letters





Several people have asked me about the hanging letters that spell "Briggs" in his nursery. It was so easy to do! (Try to ignore the lovely video monitor in the picture.)



I went to Michael's in search of silver frames. I had a very specific type in mind-they had to be thin, silver, 8"x 10" wall frames with white mats. I found thin, silver 8"x 10" tabletop frames without mats...but the price was so good, I could make it work! I bought 6 of them, and bought 6 white mats that were cut for a 5" x 7" picture.






I went home and played with fonts on the computer until I found one I liked, and I printed out different sized letters until I found a size that fit well into my 5" x 7" mats. I printed each of the letters out onto ivory paper I found in the scrapbooking section at Michael's.







I then sat on the floor of his nursery (with my giant belly and all) and yanked the stands off of each frame with needle-nose pliers. I cut equal lengths of white ribbon, and then used a staple gun to attach the ribbon to the frames. (I also doubled up with a little Gorilla glue for a extra staying power.)



That's it! Now, hanging them in a straight line....that's a different story.


No comments:

Post a Comment