Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Just Enjoy It.

There are certain things you get told in life, and while these pieces of advice make sense, they don't always become a part of you. However, there are a few things you get told time and time again.....and then they stick. Usually, the first time comes from your mother. (Your mother who, growing up, you SWORE was never right....then one day you realized she was.) Then you hear it from countless others who have been in your shoes. You know what I mean "college is the best time of your life" and "slow down and just enjoy your pregnancy".....you get my point.


I have been told more times than I can count that while a misplaced toy/shoe/miscellaneous object is annoying at the moment, one day I will ache for it to be there, and I need to just ENJOY it now.



I had the day off today, and worked very hard to clean the house every free second I got. I tucked the little guy in bed, and walked in to find a toy I had apparently missed in my final "cleanup."







I started to walk over to pick it up, but I remembered all of those words of advice. So I stopped (and took a picture and decided to blog about this little dump truck) and took it all in. I left it there, and in the morning I know little Briggs will come downstairs, rush right over to it, and probably smash it into the door or one of the poor dogs. But right now I know that will happen tomorrow....and down the road I will miss the day I could say that.

No comments:

Post a Comment