Wednesday, July 6, 2011

A Painted Chandelier




When I found out Briggs was a boy, I knew I had to have a blue chandelier in his nursery. That's how I had always envisioned it. I looked online, but like it so often happens, I had an exact picture of what I wanted in my mind and could not find it anywhere. So I decided to make it! I went hunting for an old brass chandelier. I went so many places and I finally found one that was the perfect size. I found it at (where else) ReStore.




The first thing I did was paint it blue.






I added white lampshades.



I bought a white ceiling medallion and also painted it blue, but exposed some of the white to give it a "worn" look.



My husband mounted the medallion and hung the chandelier (poor guy....it was a really hard fixture to hang and required multiple trips to Home Depot.)


It's my favorite part of his room!

2 comments:

  1. LOVVVEEEE this!!!!!!!!! love love love

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks!!! Wait...aren't you on your way to AFRICA right now?!?! :) Have so much fun!

    ReplyDelete